Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ripin' Apart the Seahorse

Today in Art & Technology we talked about Circuit Bending and inspiring artists that utilize technology to create music, art, etc. Of course I'm going to be doing my own research on the topic, but not until I get some free time. So, I'll probably do that after my next class when I get home or something. I'm pretty excited about this class, it's going to be much different from what I thought it was going to be. And. I'm not at all upset about that!

Here's my cute little seahorse I bought at Wal(star)mart. There's actually a story behind why I wanted this seahorse. My girlfriend, Jordan, has a sister now that is a baby and she has this seahorse. And It's just so adorable I had to have it. End of story.



Then we gutted them. It wasn't difficult. The seahorse had a velcro hatch in the back that led me straight to the guts. Yay! So then it was just a screwdriver turn or two away from being completely dismantled. Now Jordan can have the fluffy part of the seahorse. I originally thought I'd have to use a knife to open up the horse, but. This was proven false, so Jordan gets a new stuffed animal. Thank goodness the music maker is gone from it. That would have been annoying.



There's two switches, one for on&off / one for volume loud and volume not so loud, 3 LEDs, battery port for 3 AA's, a mini circuit board, a speaker, 2 buttons, and another button I guess... it was used for the "try me" function as it was still in the box. You know, when you open a toy up and you have to pull that piece of cardboard out of a hole in the back... ya. That.

So ya. Bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment